Dr. Wehner first became interested in Chiropractic as a career while in High School. He completed his pre-chiropractic studies at the University of Pittsburgh. While at the University of Pittsburgh he was inducted into Phi Eta Sigma, a national Freshman Honor Society. Dr. Wehner enrolled in Sherman College of Chiropractic from which he graduated Summa Cum Laude in 1982. Dr. Wehner was privileged to work with the late Dr. Walter V. Pierce, a well known innovator and teacher in the chiropractic profession, from 1982 to 1987. He started his practice in November 1987 at its current location.
Dr. Wehner presented lectures on cervical joint motion and adjusting at the 2nd and 3rd annual National Joint Motion Conference in Atlanta Georgia in 1986 and 1987. He has presented numerous 2 day Chiropractic technique Seminars in Japan to the All Japan Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association. Dr. Wehner served on the Sherman College Distinguished Board of Regents from 1994 to 2000. He conducts Chiropractic technique workshops in his office for Japanese Chiropractors annually since 1992. He has also served his community as a board member or presidents of various civic/church organizations such as the Bethel Park Lions Club, St. Valentine Pastorial Council, St. Valentine Men's Club, and the Bethel Park Inline Hockey Association.
JAMES M. WEHNER D.C.
1738 N. Highland Rd. Suite 106
Bethel Park, PA 15241EDUCATION:
• Attended the University of Pittsburgh from 1977 to 1979, completed Chiropractic pre-requisite courses (60 credits). Member of Phi Eta Sigma, which is a National Freshman Honor Society.
• Attended Sherman College of Straight Chiropractic in Spartanburg, South Carolina, from October 1979 through September 25, 1982. Graduated summa cum laude (Highest Honors).PRACTICE EXPERIENCE:
• Practiced chiropractic at the Pierce Chiropractic Clinic in Dravosburg, Pennsylvania, from December 1982 through October 1987. Helped perform research on chiropractic methods at the affiliated We Care Chiropractic Research Center in Dravosburg, Pennsylvania.
• Started private practice in November 1987 at 1738 N. Highland Rd. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Maintains an active practice at the same address today.PROFESSIONAL:
• Licensed to practice Chiropractic in the state of Pennsylvania in November 1982, and in the state of South Carolina in June 1987.
• Presented lectures on Cervical Joint Motion at the 2nd and 3rd annual National Joint Motion Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, in 1986 and 1987.
• Presented a 2-day lecture on the upper cervical area to the Japan Chiropractic Association in Tokyo, Japan, in May 1988.
• Has presented annual lectures on chiropractic technique in Kobe, and Kyoto, Japan, to the All Japan Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association in 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1998, and 2000, and 2010.
• Conducts Chiropractic technique workshops for Japanese Chiropractors in his office yearly. (1992 through 2016)
• Attends Post-Graduate seminars in various aspects of chiropractic annually.
• Selected to the Sherman College of Straight Chiropractic Distinguished Board of Regents in 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, and 2000.CIVIC INVOLVEMENT:
• Vice-President (1992-93) of the Bethel Park Lions Club, which is an international service organization.
• President (1993-94) of the Bethel Park Lions Club.
• Board of Directors of the Bethel Park Lions Club 1997-1998, and 2000.
• Chairman St. Valentine School Advisory Board 1995-1997.
• St. Valentine Pastoral Council 2002 – 2006.
• President St. Valentine Men’s Club 2003 – 2005.
• President Bethel Park Inline Hockey Association 2005-2006.
• Secretary St. Valentine Men’s Club 2005 – 2015.
• President Bethel Park Inline Hockey Association 2008-2011